Models and aspiring models, it is that time of year again. No, not Christmas or New Years… It is time to knock the dust off those heels and start practicing you best runway presentation. Why? Because Full Figured Fashion Week is all geared up for it’s 2016 casting tour.
Yep, hot off the presses (social media), the Mogul Diva, Gwen DeVoe has announced the casting dates for 2016. As we all have learned this will determine who makes it to “the wall” and ultimately becomes a part of the elite group of models who will rip the runway during 2016 Full Figured Fashion Week.
Since I am officially a part of the FFFWeek team, I can tell you that this year the casting experience will be different. I won’t say better because the setup was already great, however this year you can look forward for a little more. Now don’t get it twisted, some things will never change; The Original Runway Diva , Sharon Quinn will still be watching to assure that models represent the brand… WELL! Oh yeah, and Sir Icon, Marco Mays will be on hand to make sure potential models are ready and well informed before they meet the queens of the plus size runway.
While I am not a model or a coach, I learned a few things from last years casting. I wasn’t gonna share but I think I will.
1. Bring your A game! Aside from being former models, Gwen and Sharon have worked with the greats. Mediocre won’t cut it.
2. Follow instructions! This a major production, respect that. If the attire is all black adhere to that. You wouldn’t want to be cast out for failure to follow directions.
3. A clean natural beat please! Ladies, please for the love of Christ don’t come to the casting with your face all caked up.
4. Be comfortable! Make sure you clothing and you shoes are cute, within the guideline but comfortable. You can’t walk trying to keep your skirt from riding up nor can you walk your best in shoes that pain your feet.
5. No selfies! Again I say, this is a major production; even if you don’t fully know the industry you must know that a certain level of professionalism is expected. Photo need to be current and one that shows you in your best light.
Now that I have given you the good news and added my two cents, are you ladies ready?