This morning prior to finding that it was Women’s Equality Day, I shared my morning motivation post. Oddly enough, it spoke to women’s equality in an important way. Both the quote and my additional caption made feminist statements that were intended to push women forward.
While there is great work to be done amongst both genders, it is important that women work to empower one another….FIRST. As African American women, as Caucasian women, as plus size women and any other community of women; we have a responsibility to one another. We should all aspire to inspire another woman or girl to be great and contribute Queen Shit to the world.
Because I am all about girl power and celebrating great women, I wanted share with you women who you should know and follow because not only are they doing great things but they are promoting greatness. They are bold women who are not afraid to kick ass and take names and the encourage other women to do the same.
- Ty Alexander is known for her beauty and lifestyle savvy, but adored because of her gorgeous grey tresses, Ty Alexander is an expert online beauty and lifestyle editor, social media consultant and style and beauty TV correspondent.
2. Marie Denee is a plus size fashion, style expert, and blogger. Marie has over 13 years of various experience and knowledge in the fashion industry which she uses to empower and educate other women.
3. Pia Schiavo-Campo is a body lovin, rogue size acceptance activist, writer, foodie, feminist,plus model, mixed fat chick and cultivator of all things creative. It is Pia’s desire to take you with her on her journey toward self-acceptance and fully expressing my gifts in spite of my size, gender, race and age; In hopes of to inspire you to do the same.
4. Alysse Dalessandro is a writer, editor and owner/designer for body positive fashion brand Ready to Stare. Alysse writes with hopes her writing resonates with the same people that she designs for: those who believe in following their passion, loving themselves and inspiring others to do the same.
5. Megan Kimberling is a body positive plus size model who encourages women to love the skin that they are in.
6. Shaina Harrison is a teacher, advocate, blogger and stylist who coined the hashtag #fatgirlsbewinning. You uses her education and life experience to empower women to be bold and their best in what she calls, “THE BRAVE SPACE”.